Heating and Furnace Repair & Install in Decatur, AL
SMS is Keeping Decatur, Alabama, Toasty Warm This Winter
Even though the residents of lovely Decatur, Alabama, spend their summers dealing with temperatures that often hit the high 90s, that doesn't change the fact that winter is fast approaching with its much colder temperatures in tow. Though Alabama may not be feeling the cold just yet, Decatur residents don't want to wait until they need their heating system to find out that it isn't working properly.
Common Heating Problems and Maintenance Solutions
- Poor or Uneven Air Flow: If you find your entire family clustered in one room on a cold winter night, than your home's heating system has most likely failed to properly provide heat equally to each room. This is often the result of an obstruction or a leak within the ducts. Our technicians will carefully clean out the ducts and seal them properly so that a normal flow of heated air will resume throughout the home.
- Ignition-Control Failure: Depending on the type of ignition that your heating system contains, failure may occur due to loose connections, a faulty control module, a change in the electric current or a broken spark electrode. Regardless of what causes the problem, it can result in either no heat at all or heat during intermittent periods of time. Fortunately, we can fix all of these things with a simple furnace repair.
- Faulty Thermostat: It's never fun to turn on your heating system only to find that it simply refuses to do anything. When this happens, most people fear the worst and call for heating repair in a hurry. Our technicians will check your thermostat first because it is often the culprit, and we can easily solve the problem with a quick repair or replacement of the thermostat.
Let SMS Keep You Warm
These are just a few of the many things that could go wrong with your heating system this winter, and it's best if you allow us here at SMS to do a yearly maintenance check before problems can occur or worsen. If you are already experiencing difficulties, then we have trained technicians standing by to take care of any heater or furnace repairs. We also offer complete heater or furnace installations if the time has come for new, energy-efficient system. Feel free to give us a call today at 256-686-3444, and you'll find that our friendly staff is happy to address any of your questions or concerns.
SMS Services All Types of Heating Untis:
FREE estimates on all HVAC and maintenance services:
SMS Decatur, AL Google My Business Page:
Neighborhoods of Decatur, AL
Decatur is divided into four different regions of town (Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest). Southeast and Northeast Decatur lie East of the CSX Railroad's mainline. North of Lee Street the dividing line is Bank Street which runs a block east of and parallel to the RR. Northeast & Southeast and are divided by Moulton Street. Southwest consists of the area west of the CSX Railroad and south of Moulton Street. Northwest is bordered by Moulton Street, the CSX Railroad from Moulton Street to Lee Street and then by Bank Street from Lee Street to the Tennessee River. While there are few major cultural differences between the East and the West, minute differences such as street grid patterns, zoning patterns, and architectural styles are noticeable.
- Albany (New Decatur)
- Downtown Decatur
- East Acres
- Old Decatur
- Bank Street & Second Avenue (Downtown Shopping District)
- Harborview (Riverfront)
- Burleson Mountain
- Burningtree Mountain
- Cedar Lake
- Hickory Hills
- Indian Hills
- Point Mallard Estates
- West Decatur (the portion north of Moulton Street)
- Autumn Ridge
- Cedar Ridge
- Chapel Hill
- Chula Vista
- Deerfoot Estates
- Dogwood Estates
- Griffin Addition
- Longleaf Estates
- Moulton Heights
- Oak Lea
- Russell Village
- West Decatur (the portion south of Moulton Street)
Call US Today To Learn More - 256-686-3444